The Administration of Justice Certificate of Achievement Law is designed to serve students who wish to directly enter the workforce with practical knowledge and skills relating to employment in the field of law. It will also support current law practitioners in pursuit of qualified personnel in supporting private and public legal sectors.
Students must complete 18 specified units of criminal justice courses listed below.
|REQUIRED COURSES: Complete the following courses (18 units)|
|CJ M01/M01H||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|CJ M02||Concepts of Criminal Law||3|
|CJ M04||Legal Aspects of Evidence||3|
|CJ M07||Principles of Civil Law||3|
|CJ M08||Introduction to Constitutional Law||3|
|CJ M12||Introduction to Conflict Resolution||3|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- apply rules and principles to new situations in the legal assisting arena.
- demonstrate familiarity with, and ability to use and write with, appropriate legal terms and legal terminology.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the American Criminal and Civil justice systems, federal and state court proceedings and typical alternative dispute resolution processes.
- acquire knowledge and skills to successfully complete entrance level application, testing, and interview process for a career position in the American criminal and civil justice systems
- demonstrate practical knowledge of the criminal and civil justice system, including but not limited to knowledge of arrest, search, seizure, investigative skills, presentation of evidence and interview and deposition techniques.