The Automotive Body and Fender Repair Certificate of Achievement at Oxnard College prepares students to enter the automotive repair industry as entry-level technicians and provides continuous skills improvement training for employed technicians in the field. The program emphasizes hands-on training in body, fender, collision repair, painting, and automotive graphics so that students have the skills necessary to gain employment in the industry.
|Required Core Courses||22|
|Introduction to Automotive Body and Fender Repair|
|Intermediate Auto Body and Fender Repair|
|Introduction to Estimating Auto Body Damage|
|Advanced Auto Body Collision and Damage Repair|
|Auto Body Painting and Refinishing I|
|Auto Body Painting and Refinishing II|
|Complete a minimum of one of the following:||2-6|
|Advanced Automotive Graphics|
|Introduction to Automotive Technology|
|Automotive Electrical Systems|
|Total Units Required for the Certificate||24-28|
To complete the Certificate of Achievement, students must also meet requirements in scholarship and residency. Refer to Earn a Certificate of Achievement section in this catalog for specific information.
|AB R001||Introduction to Automotive Body and Fender Repair||4|
|AB R003||Introduction to Estimating Auto Body Damage||4|
|AB R005A||Auto Body Painting and Refinishing I||2|
|Auto Body Elective (AB R007A, AT R110, AT R115)||2-6|
|AB R002||Intermediate Auto Body and Fender Repair||4|
|AB R004||Advanced Auto Body Collision and Damage Repair||4|
|AB R005B||Auto Body Painting and Refinishing II||4|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify and recognize environmental safety rules and regulations, in the following areas: shop safety, personal safety, hazardous material safety, air bag safety, respirator safety, welding safety, and power tool and equipment safety.
- Demonstrate and classify areas of a vehicle needing repairs, including estimating the costs of repair, and formulating proper procedures of repair.
- Demonstrate and recognize steps required to repair vehicles in the auto body industry in the following areas: cosmetic repairs, painting spot repair, painting a panel repair, painting a complete car, non-structural body repairs, structural body repair, and fine detailing of a vehicle
- Identify different types of collision damage and use best practices in selecting the appropriate repair process.
- Develop extensive repair skills through practice to qualify for the certification tests such as ASE and I-Car for the Auto Body and Paint career.