Academic Renewal without Course Repetition
Academic Renewal Option
- Submit official transcripts of all college work.
- Wait 12 months after the course work to be disregarded is completed.
- Students must demonstrate recent academic success based on the coursework they have completed at any regionally accredited college after the coursework that is being petitioned for exclusion through academic renewal. Recent academic success may be demonstrated by one of the following:
- Completing at least 12 semester units with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, or
- Completing at least 15 semester units with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA, or
- Completing at least 24 semester units with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- The colleges of the VCCCD will honor similar actions by other regionally accredited colleges and universities in determining grade point averages and credits.
Recording of Academic Renewal
Once the Petition for Academic Renewal is granted, the student’s permanent academic record shall be annotated in such a manner that all work remains legible, insuring a true and complete academic history.
Academic renewal actions are permanent and irreversible.