A degree in business leads to a broad range of employment opportunities in a variety of industries such as banking, health care/biotechnology, law, entertainment, defense, computer/electronics, and education, as well as in government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer, version 2 (AS-T in Business Administration 2.0) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a "similar" major at a CSU campus. Students completing the updated AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not necessarily to a particular CSU campus or major of their choice. For a current list of what majors (and what options or areas of emphasis within that major) have been designed as “similar” to this degree at each CSU campus, please refer to adegreewithaguarantee.com and seek guidance from a Moorpark College counselor.
To earn an AS-T in Business Administration 2.0, students must:
- Complete of 60 semester or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements
- A minimum of 25-27 semester units in Business Administration major as listed in the Moorpark College catalog.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some transfer institutions and majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Obtain a grade of “C” or better or “P” in all courses required in the major. Even though a “pass-no-pass” is allowed (Title 5 §55063), it is highly recommended that students complete their major courses with a letter grade (A, B, or C).
- Complete requirements in residency. For students in the Ventura County Community College District, a minimum of 12 units must be completed in residency at the college granting the degree.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T in Business Administration will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major at a particular campus). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor to obtain more information on university admission and transfer requirements.
NOTE: This updated transfer degree replaces the AS-T in Business Administration and aligns with the updated TMC template.
|ACCT M110||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT M120||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS M33||Business Law||3|
|ECON M201||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON M202||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|or ECON M202H||Honors: Principles of Macroeconomics|
|MATH M15||Introductory Statistics||4|
|or MATH M15H||Honors: Introductory Statistics|
|Select one of the following:|
|MATH M16A||Applied Calculus I||3|
|MATH M25A||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||5|
|or MATH M25AH||Honors: Calculus With Analytic Geometry I|
|Select one of the following:|
|BUS M30||Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS M39||Business Communication||3|
|NOTE: BUS M140 may be required for transfer to some CSUs. Please work with your counselor to verify that the CSU you plan to attend requires Business M140. It is advantageous to complete this course before transferring. This course will examine information systems and their role in business by focusing on the theory and application of computer-based solutions to business problems.|
|Total Units for the Major: 25-27|
|General Education Requirements|
|CSU GE-Breadth Certification Plan: 39|
|IGETC: 37. NOTE: IGETC Area 1C (oral Communication) is required for all CSU applicants. Students applying to a UC or Private School may earn this ADT without IGETC Area 1C but will NOT meet CSU admissions requirements.|
|TOTAL DEGREE Units: 60|