The Financial Aid Office at Moorpark College participates in a variety of Federal and State financial aid programs designed to assist undergraduate students in meeting college costs. To be considered for these programs, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov, or the California Dream Act at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/, or a California College Promise Grant [CCPG] for each academic year. For the best source of current information and guidelines, please contact our office or refer to Moorpark College Financial Aid website. *Note* additional forms are required for state aid programs. Please see Appendix IX for more information regarding the application filing requirements and priority filing deadlines for state aid.
Due to limitations in funding, the Financial Aid Office may not offer sufficient financial aid to cover the entire cost of education. Adhering to the priority filing deadlines and responding promptly to requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office is a critical component to receiving the most financial aid. For additional information regarding the types of financial aid programs that Moorpark College participates in, and for important policies that affect financial aid recipients, please refer to Appendix IX.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students who attend an application assistance session will learn how to complete & submit applications, and meet deadlines. (Problem Solving & Decision Making)
- Students who complete the online SAP counseling session will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Satisfactory Academic Progress “SAP” standards for maintaining financial aid eligibility and apply that knowledge to their academic situation and/or circumstances. (Problem Solving & Decision Making)
- Students who take out a loan will gain understanding of the requirements, rights and responsibilities, and repayment obligations associated with acquiring a federal student loan. (Problem Solving & Decision Making and Civic Responsibility)
For more information about Financial Aid, call (805) 378-1462 or visit our website. For Financial Aid Programs, see Appendix IX - Financial Aid Programs.
The Moorpark College Scholarship Office with the support of the Moorpark College Foundation and our community donors, provides hundreds of students with the financial assistance, recognition and encouragement needed to realize their academic goals. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and the promise of future achievement, as well as additional criteria established by the scholarship donor.
For more information about scholarships, call (805) 553-4187 or visit the Moorpark College Scholarship website.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify scholarship opportunities that they qualify for
- Successfully apply for scholarships
- Identify additional campus resources to improve their applications (such as Financial Aid, Writing Center)