The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts: Technical Theatre Degree provides introductory knowledge of technical theatre. After successfully completing this degree, a student could be hired as a: stage manager, actor, playwright, crew member in the film and/or television industry, production assistant, casting assistant or general theatre technician.
This degree will better prepare a student to secure a job as a technician in the theatre, television or film industries.
To earn an Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts: Technical Theatre Degree, students must complete 18 specified major units, plus General Education Degree Requirements.
In addition to General Education degree requirements, complete the following:
|Introduction to Theatre
|or THA M04/M04H
|History of the Theatre
|Theatre Production: Technical I
|Units from Electives
|Lighting Design I
|Lighting Design II
|Scene Design I
|Scene Design II
|Costume Design I
|Total Required Major Units: 18
|MC General Education Pattern: 28
Double-Counted Units: 3
Electives to meet 60 associate degree units: 17
|Total Required for the AA Degree: 60
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate literacy in Theatre history and appreciation.
- apply learned theatrical skills with an emphasis on scenic design, technical production, stagecraft, lighting, audio, costume construction and/or make-up application.
- apply management and problem solving skills to produce a theatrical work in a studio or main stage venue.
- collaborate with peers and instructors in practical applications of technical skills on original or scripted works.
- demonstrate a practical working knowledge of tools and technologies integral to theatre production.