Moorpark College offers courses approved for Veterans Administration (V.A.) benefits under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, and 1606/1607. All veterans and eligible dependents are required to meet with the Veteran’s Counselor from the Counseling Office to develop a Veterans’ Educational Plan before enrolling. Veterans are entitled to registration priority even if they do not plan to use their educational benefits while attending Moorpark College.
Enrollment can only be certified to the V.A. when a student has completed the following:
- Official transcripts of all previous coursework taken at colleges or universities, including military education Joint Service Transcripts (JSTs) must be submitted by the second semester and are filed with the V.A. Certifying Official in the Veterans Resource Center.
- DD214 discharge documents and Certificate of Eligibility are filed with the V.A. Certifying Official in the Veterans Resource Center.
- A Veteran Educational Plan is required every semester, then filed with V.A. Certifying Official in the Veterans Resource Center.
- Registration for all classes in the semester to be certified.
V.A. Certifying Official must be notified of any changes in academic program, marital or dependent status, or address. The Moorpark College V.A. Certifying Official is located in the Veterans Resource Center and can be reached at (805) 553-4106 or visit the Moorpark College Veterans Resource Center website. The California Department of Veteran Affairs can be reached directly at 1 (800) 952-5626. The Department of Veteran Affairs can be reached at 1 (888) 442-4551 or www.va.gov.
Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018
For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31)students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form. All persons seeking enrollment must meet the general admissions policies. Those seeking to use VA Education Benefits must submit all prior transcripts for a transfer evaluation and submit one of the following a 22-1990, 22-1995, 22-5490, or a 22-5495 to the VA.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Veterans Resource Center
The Moorpark College V.A. Certifying Official is located in the Veterans Resource Center and can be reached at (805) 553-4106. For additional information regarding veterans services please visit the Veterans Resource Center webpage.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the services and resources the VRC offers
- Explain the College's registration process.
- Describe the GI Bill requirements.
- Summarize the academic counseling information about educational plans, completion, and transfer.