The Associate in Arts in Political Science for Transfer Degree (Political Science AA-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing the degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major.
A student graduating with an Associate in Arts in Political Science for Transfer Degree may transfer to a CSU Campus to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, History Law, or International Studies or similar programs.
To earn a Political Science AA-T degree, students must complete:
- Certified completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC-CSU) or the California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on transfer courses.
- Obtainment of a "C" grade or better, or "P," in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. Although a "P" grade is allowed (Title 5, Section 55063), it is recommended that students take the course for a letter grade (A, B, or C) due to unit limitations on "P/NP" courses.
- Complete a minimum of 12 units in residency at the college granting the degree.
|POLS V01||American Government||3|
|Units from List A||9-10|
|Units from List B||6-7|
|CSU General Education or IGETC-CSU Pattern||37-39|
|Electives (CSU transferrable units to reach 60)|
|POLS V04||Introduction to Political Theory||3|
|POLS V02||Comparative Government||3|
|POLS V05||Introduction to International Relations||3|
|POLS V03||Introduction to Political Science||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|Introductory Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Select two courses from the following:||6-7|
Any courses not selected above
Any CSU transferable political science courses and/or other courses that are articulated as lower division preparation for the political science major at CSU
Any CSU transferrable introductory course in the social sciences (CSU GE Area D)
Please refer to CSU General Education-Breadth Certification (may be found in the Counseling Office or in the VC Catalog on page 74).
See a counselor or consult assist.org, especially if you plan to transfer to a UC campus or a college or university other than CSU.