The Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer Degree (AA-T in Music) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a Bachelor's degree in General Music or equivalent major at a CSU campus. Students completing the AA-T in Music are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not necessarily to a particular CSU campus or major of their choice. For a current list of what majors (and what options or areas of emphasis within that major) have been designed as “similar” to this degree at each CSU campus, please refer to adegreewithaguarantee.com and seek guidance from a Moorpark College counselor. Students should consult with a counselor for more information on university admission and transfer requirements, as this AA-T in Music may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a college or university that is not part of the CSU system.
To earn the AA-T in Music degree, students must:
- Complete of 60 semester or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements
- A minimum of 21-22 semester units in Music major as listed in the Moorpark College catalog.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some transfer institutions and majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Obtain a grade of “C” or better or “P” in all courses required in the major. Even though a “pass-no-pass” is allowed (Title 5 §55063), it is highly recommended that students complete their major courses with a letter grade (A, B, or C).
- Complete requirements in residency. For students in the Ventura County Community College District, a minimum of 12 units must be completed in residency at the college granting the degree.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T in Music will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major at a particular campus). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor to obtain more information on university admission and transfer requirements.
|MUS M02A||Music Theory I||3|
|MUS M02AL||Musicianship I||1|
|MUS M02B||Music Theory II||3|
|MUS M02BL||Musicianship II||1|
|MUS M02C||Music Theory III||3|
|MUS M02CL||Musicianship III||1|
|MUS M02D||Music Theory IV||3|
|MUS M02DL||Musicianship IV||1|
|Units from Applied Music 1||2|
|Units from Major Ensemble and/or Specialized Ensemble 2||4|
|Applied Music 1|
|MUS M30A||Applied Music-Woodwind||0.5|
|MUS M30B||Applied Music - Brass||0.5|
|MUS M30C||Applied Music - Strings||0.5|
|MUS M30D||Applied Music - Piano||0.5|
|MUS M30E||Applied Music - Classical Guitar||0.5|
|MUS M30F||Applied Music - Percussion||0.5|
|MUS M30G||Applied Music - Voice||0.5|
Four semesters = 2 units.
|Major Ensemble and/or Specialized Ensemble 2||4|
|MUS M10||Concert Choir||1|
|MUS M18||Jazz Ensemble||1|
|MUS M21||Wind Ensemble||1|
|MUS M23||Moorpark Symphony Orchestra||1|
|MUS M100||Advanced Concert Choir||1|
|MUS M180||Advanced Jazz Ensemble||1|
|MUS M210||Advanced Wind Ensemble||1|
|MUS M230||Moorpark Symphony Orchestra - Advanced||1|
Four semesters = 4 units
|Total Required Major Units: 22|
|General Education Requirements: To comply with SB 1440 and to not exceed the maximum units allowed, the IGETC is the recommended GE pattern to be used for this transfer degree.|
|IGETC Pattern: 37. NOTE: IGETC 1C is required for all CSU applicants. Students applying to a UC or Private school may earn this ADT without IGETC 1C but will be ineligible to apply to a CSU.|
Double-Counted Units: 0
Electives to meet 60 CSU units: 1
|Total Units Required for the AA-T Degree: 60|