The Associate in Arts in Economics for Transfer Degree and courses provide students with the analytical tools, real world applications and theoretical background necessary to comprehend economic events and understand the role of the various economic institutions within the U.S. economy and the motivations and consequences of the interactions between nations and firms in the global economy. The Associate in Arts in Economics for Transfer degree is designed to prepare students fora seamless transfer into the California State University system to complete a baccalaureate degree in Economics or a similar major. Students completing the Associate in Arts in Economics for Transfer degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular CSU campus or major.
To earn an Economics AA-T degree, students must complete:
- Certified completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC-CSU) or the California State University General Education-Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on transfer courses.
- Obtainment of a "C" grade or better, or "P," in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. Although a "P" grade is allowed (Title 5, Section 55063), it is recommended that students take the course for a letter grade (A, B, or C) due to unit limitations on "P/NP" courses.
|ECON V01A||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON V01B||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|MATH V44||Elementary Statistics||4|
|MATH V46||Applied Calculus||4|
|or MATH V21A||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I|
|Units from List A||3-5|
|Units from List B||3-5|
|CSU General Education or IGETC-CSU Pattern||39-37|
|Electives (CSU transferrable units to reach 60)||9-12|
|BUS V01A||Financial Accounting||4|
|BUS V01B||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS V17||Computer Applications||3|
|BUS V45||Business Communications||3|
|COMM V10||Critical Thinking in Oral Communication: Argumentation and Debate||3|
|MATH V21B||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||5|
|MATH V21C||Multivariable Calculus||5|
|MATH V22||Introduction to Linear Algebra||3|
|Any Course not used in List A (or CSU transferable lower division Economics course)||3-4|
See a counselor or consult assist.org, if you plan to transfer to a UC campus or a college or university other than a CSU.