The First Year Experience (FYE) program is designed for first-year students transitioning from high school to college. FYE ensures that first-year students have the tools and support necessary to establish a strong foundation and foster fun experiences that empower students to navigate their first year at Oxnard College and beyond.
- Recent high school graduate
- Students must apply to the program and attend Discovery Orientation
- Students must meet with a counselor to complete Math and English placement and 1st semester course plan.
- Be full time college students
- Oxnard College must be their primary campus
Why should you join?
- 100% FREE
- Meet new people: Connect and socialize with other first-year students. (Dodgeball and Soccer tournaments, Halloween celebration, Painting event and much more)
- Educational counseling and planning: You will have access to the FYE program’s own dedicated counselor we will help you create your plan to graduate or earn a certificate
- Build Community: Create a supportive circle of friends, mentors and allies within the OC family.
- Extended orientation: Get to know all the FREE resources that Oxnard College has to offer.
- Priority registration for spring and summer/fall semesters (for students who complete program requirements)
For more information, please call the FYE Office at 805-678-5952,or visit the FYE page on the Oxnard College website.