The Associate in Arts in Economics for Transfer (AA-T in Economics) is intended for students who plan to transfer and complete a bachelor's degree in Economics, or a "similar" major at a CSU campus. Each CSU campus determines which of the degrees it offers are “similar” and can be completed with the preparation included in the AA-T in Economics within 60 units once a student transfers, so which majors are “similar” varies from CSU to CSU. For a current list of what majors (and what options or areas of emphasis within that major) have been designed as “similar” to this degree at each CSU campus, please visit the CSU's Associate Degree for Transfer Major and Campus Search webpage and seek guidance from a Moorpark College counselor. Students completing this AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not necessarily to a particular CSU campus or major of choice.
To earn an AA-T in Economics, students must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units including both of the following:
- Certified completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements
- A minimum of 19-25 semester units in Economics major as listed in the Moorpark College catalog.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some transfer institutions and majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Obtain a grade of “C” or better or “P” in all courses required in the major. Even though a “pass-no-pass” is allowed (Title 5 §55063), it is highly recommended that students complete their major courses with a letter grade (A, B, or C).
- Complete requirements in residence. For students in the Ventura County Community College District, a minimum of 12 units must be completed in residency at the college granting the degree.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the AA-T in Economics will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major at a particular campus). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor to obtain more information on university admission and transfer requirements.
|REQUIRED CORE: Complete courses in GROUP 1 and GROUP 2 (13-15 units)|
|GROUP 1 - Select and complete 3 courses (10 units)|
|ECON M201||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|ECON M202||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|or ECON M202H||Honors: Principles of Macroeconomics|
|MATH M15||Introductory Statistics||4|
|or MATH M15H||Honors: Introductory Statistics|
|GROUP 2: Select and complete one course (3-5 units)||3-5|
|MATH M16A||Applied Calculus I||3|
|MATH M25A||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||5|
|or MATH M25AH||Honors: Calculus With Analytic Geometry I|
|Units from LIST A||3-5|
|Units from LIST B||3-5|
|Total Units for Major: 19-25|
|ACCT M110||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT M120||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS M39||Business Communication||3|
|BUS M140||Business Information Systems||3|
|COMM M07||Argumentation and Debate||3|
|CS M125||Programming Concepts and Methodology I||3|
|MATH M25B||Calculus with Analytic Geometry II||5|
|or MATH M25BH||Honors: Calculus with Analytic Geometry II|
|MATH M35||Applied Differential Equations||3|
|POLS M03||American Government and Politics||3|
|or POLS M03H||Honors: American Government and Politics|
|SOC M110||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|or SOC M110H||Honors: Introduction to Sociology|
|LIST B - Select and complete one course (3-5 units)|
|Any course not used in LIST A|
|ECON M170||Economic History of the US||3|
|MATH M25C||Calculus with Analytic Geometry III||5|
|MATH M31||Introduction To Linear Algebra||3|
|Total Required Major Units: 19 - 25|
Double-Counted Units: 9 - 12
Electives to meet 60 CSU units: 5 - 14
|IGETC Pattern: 37. NOTE: IGETC 1C is required for all CSU applicants. Students applying to a UC or Private school may earn this ADT without IGETC 1C but will be ineligible to apply to a CSU.|
Double-Counted Units: 9 - 12
Electives to meet 60 CSU units: 7 - 16
|Total Units Required for the AA-T Degree: 60|