The Proficiency Award in Theatre Arts: Costumes introduces students to the fundamentals of costuming. This program will prepare students seeking a career in theatre or film and/or television production in costuming.
After successfully completing a Theatre Arts proficiency award, a student could be hired as a: stage manager, actor, playwright, costumer, stitcher, crew member in the film and/or television industry, production assistant, casting assistant or general theatre technician.
To earn a Proficiency Award in Theatre Arts: Costumes students must complete 9 specified units.
|THA/TTHA M11A||Theatre Production: Tech I||3|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate literacy in Theatre history and appreciation.
- apply learned skills in design, technical production, stagecraft, costume construction and/or make-up application.
- apply management and problem solving skills to produce a theatrical work in a studio or main stage venue.
- collaborate with peers and instructors in practical applications of skills on original or scripted works.
- demonstrate a working knowledge of tools and technologies integral to theatre production.