The Administering Microsoft® Windows Program is an award recognizing proficiency in administering the Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
|Required Core Courses|
|CNIT R130||Administer Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System||3|
|CNIT R131||Administer Microsoft Windows Server||3|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Implement a password policy with group policy using the Windows Desktop Operating System that requires complex passwords, minimum password length, maximum password age, and enforces password history.
- Network Windows computers together and share default public folders by creating a Homegroup.
- Network the Windows Desktop Operating System using the appropriate IPv4 and or IPv6 address for the local area network (LAN).
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to configure Active Directory Roles and Services using Windows Server.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to create and maintain Active Directory objects using Windows Server.
- Demonstrate competency in soft skills to include the ability to write utilizing proper grammar and spelling, the ability to work in a team in a research activity, and the ability to present a computer networking/IT topic as part of a team.