A student graduating with an Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer may transfer to a CSU Campus to complete a bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Business Management, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
The Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer (Business Administration 2.0 AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a similar major at a CSU campus. For a current list of what majors (and what options or areas of emphasis within that major) have been designated as “similar” to this degree at each CSU campus, please refer to https://icangotocollege.com/associate-degree-for-transfer and seek guidance from a Ventura College counselor. Students completing this degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, although not necessarily to a particular CSU campus or major.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the Business Administration 2.0 AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major at a particular campus). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements.
To earn an Associate in Science in Business Administration 2.0 for Transfer degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC for CSU) or the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-Breadth) requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for admission, some transfer institutions and majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Obtain a grade of “C” or better or “P” in all courses required in the major or area of emphasis. Even though a “P” grade is allowed (Title 5 section 55063), it is recommended that students complete their major courses with a letter grade ("A," "B," or "C") due to unit limitations on “P/NP” courses.
- Complete a minimum of 12 units in residence at Ventura College.
|Required Core (28 units)|
|ACCT V01A||Financial Accounting||4|
|ACCT V01B||Managerial Accounting||4|
|BUS V30||Introduction to Business||3|
|or BUS V45||Business Communications|
|BUS V33||Business Law||3|
|ECON V01A||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON V01B||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|MATH V44||Elementary Statistics||4|
|MATH V21A||Calculus with Analytic Geometry I||5|
|MATH V46||Business Calculus||4|
|CSU General Education or IGETC-CSU Pattern||37–39|
|Electives (CSU transferable units to reach 60)||1–4|
|Double Counted Units||(9)|