The Energy Auditing Program is an award to recognize proficiency in energy auditing concepts and practices. The program prepares students to become environmental control technology/HVACR technicians to maintain and repair heating, cooling, and refrigeration equipment in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. Technicians can specialize in either installation or maintenance and repair.
|Required Core Courses|
|AC R050||Energy Auditing||3|
|AC R050L||Energy Auditing Lab||2|
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of an energy auditor and the different types of audits that an energy auditor performs.
- List and provide a brief description of the different types of certifications associated with the field of energy auditing.
- Explain the functions of the diagnostic equipment that is used by an energy auditor.
- Identify safety measures that are necessary for an energy auditor.
- Demonstrate the correct use of energy auditing software to gather and analyze energy auditing data.